In order to receive an authorisation for placing on the market of a vehicle (freight or passenger wagon) intended for the 1520 mm railway network, the applicant (vehicle owner, user, manufacturer, modernization performer, contracting entity or their authorized person) shall submit a relevant application to the State Railway Technical Inspectorate.
In order to place a type of 1520 mm track gauge wagon on the market, the applicant shall submit an application to the State Railway Technical Inspectorate.
- The application shall be accompanied by:
- declarations of verification issued in accordance with the requirements of Chapter V of Regulation No 374 together with annexes;
- the technical documentation referred to in Annex 3 of the Regulation No 374;
- confirmations of technical and operational characteristics indicating compliance with the railway infrastructure;
- documents certifying that the type of wagon of 1520 mm gauge is authorized to operate in the third countries concerned;
- if the operation of a 1520 mm track gauge type is already authorized in another Member State of the European Union, records of the history of operation, maintenance and technical modifications made after placing on the market in another Member State of the European Union;
- confirmations of technical and operational characteristics.
- In order to authorise placing on the market a vehicle in conformity to type of 1520 mm gauge wagon, the applicant shall:
- submit an application and the following documents to the State Railway Technical Inspectorate:
- a declaration of conformity of the vehicle to the authorized vehicle type together with all the annexes relating to the vehicle;
- results of tests on the railway infrastructure;
- a confirmation that the entity in charge of maintenance has been appointed to the vehicle;
- by prior agreement on the time and place, present the vehicle to the State Railway Technical Inspectorate.
The State Railway Technical Inspectorate evaluates the submitted documentation in order to check the completeness, compliance and consistency of the documentation in relation to the relevant technical specifications for interoperability, national rules and local conditions.