Riepnieku iela 2, Rīga, LV-1050
The purpose of the operation of the Traffic Safety Unit is to supervise the activities of the participants of the railway system. All participants of the railway system are subject to supervision, regardless of their legal status, form of business and type of property.The railway network of 1520 mm gauge, 1435 mm gauge and public use 750 mm gauge railway network is subject to supervision.
The Traffic Safety Unit performs the following tasks:
- based on the risk assessment of the railway system, develop supervision planning documents;
- ensures supervision of railway system participants;
- ensures placing into market of 1520 mm network gauge freight and passenger wagons and their types;
- ensures the process of obtaining safety permits;
- provides monitoring of investigation of railway traffic accidents and incidents.