- The service includes:
- Evaluation of the application and accompanying documentation;
- Issuance of a certificate.
The service is received by the merchant who is responsible for the maintenance of the vehicle.
- The maintenance system must:
- ensure that vehicles are maintained in accordance with the maintenance file of each vehicle and the requirements in force, including maintenance rules and relevant TSI provisions;
- implement the necessary risk evaluation and assessment methods established in the common safety methods, where appropriate in cooperation with other actors in the railway system;
- ensure that its contractors implement risk control measures through the application of the common safety method on monitoring and that compliance with this requirement can be demonstrated by the contracts concluded and these contracts are disclosed for the European Union Agency for Railways or State Railway Technical Inspectorate;
- ensure the traceability of the maintenance activities.
In order to obtain the certificate of the entity in charge of maintenance, the applicant shall ensure the safe operation of vehicles through the vehicle maintenance system and shall demonstrate that the functions of the system set up by him meet the requirements and assessment criteria with regard to the functions it decided to outsource (entrusted to another contractor). Applicant shall submit an application to the State Railway Technical Inspectorate in compliance with the requirements specified in Regulation No. 2019/779.
In order to obtain a certificate of conformity of maintenance functions only in relation to relevant maintenance function, the applicant shall submit an application to the State Railway Technical Inspectorate, observing the requirements specified in Regulation No. 2019/779 for each relevant maintenance function.
Certificates shall be issued, renewed, amended or revoked by the State Railway Technical Inspectorate in compliance with the requirements specified in Regulation No. 2019/779 for organisations applying for an entity in charge of maintenance certificate or for a certificate in respect of maintenance functions outsourced by an entity in charge of maintenance and the criteria for their assessment