Riepnieku iela 2, Rīga, LV-1050
This department is responsible for the safety supervision and deals with interoperability matters, as well as implements action plans and ensures procedures within the Inspectorate. The main competences are:
- safety implementation and supervision;
- interoperability implementation and supervision
- transportation of dangerous goods;
- risk assessment;
- EU policy
- establshment of internal procedures;
- development of strategies.
This department also maintains communication with European Union Agency for Railways and delegates its representatives for ensuring interests of Latvia in working groups.