A public-use railway infrastructure manager that is responsible for the establishment and maintenance of the railway lines referred to in the laws and regulations regarding the classification of a railway infrastructure of strategic and regional importance, and for the management of the infrastructure control and safety systems thereof, or a railway infrastructure manager that is responsible for the establishment of a railway infrastructure which is included in the trans-European transport network (TEN-T) and in the list of priority projects thereof, should establish its safety management system that ensures the ability of the infrastructure manager safely manage the public railway infrastructure.
A railway infrastructure manager that manages railway lines other than those specified in the laws and regulations regarding the classification of a railway infrastructure of strategic and regional importance, shall establish a system which enables the activities thereof in conformity with the national requirements, the directly applicable legal acts of the European Union, and the local infrastructure conditions.
- The applicant shall prepare the application and the documentation in Latvian and the following shall be indicated in the application:
- the information on the safety permit requested (new, renewed, or amended),
- the area of commercial activity in the railway sector, a description of the area of commercial activity, indicating the planned activities in the relevant area of commercial activity,
- the information on the railway infrastructure on which commercial activity will be carried out (if relevant to commercial activity), the information on the complementary activities carried out by the business entity in the railway sector if such are planned,
- the information on the means of receipt of the safety permit.
The application shall be accompanied by documents certifying the compliance of the planned changes with directly applicable European Union legislation, national requirements or local infrastructure conditions.