Due to the Prime Minister's decision to declare an emergency in the country and to impose epidemiological safety and other measures aimed at limiting the spread of Covid-19, the State Railway Technical Inspectorate is closing the on-site customer service until 14 April 2020 and provide service remotely.
Similarly, meetings and meetings of various kinds previously held in the wider circle will not take place in the given period. public activities.We will inform about the current information on the availability of the services of the our website www.vdzti.gov.lv.If necessary, please contact our staff by calling the listed phones or by e-mail (see Staff Contact Information ).
Thanks in advance for understanding!
The State Railway Technical Inspectorate, founded on July 01, 1999, is a supervisory authority which is controlled by the Ministry of Transport. The aim of the Technical Inspectorate is to perform national surveillance and control over the railway technical operations in the scope stipulated by regulatory enactments. It acts pursuant to the Regulations of the Cabinet of Ministers No. 14 "Statutes of the State Railway Technical Inspectorate".
The aim of the State Railway Technical Inspectorate is to ensure joint and safe operation requirements for all business entities, operating both in the territory of Latvia and in European Community. Its mission is to ensure that railway transport becomes the safest and environmentally friendliest way of transport by providing:
- equal certification principles for all business entities operating in railway sector;
- harmonized principles of railway specialists' certification;
- harmonized requirements in evaluating building designs of railway infrastructure;
- joint railway operation regulations in respect to all railway sector's participants and common monitoring criteria;
- certain models of cooperation that facilitates traffic safety and elaboration of regulatory norms.